Monday 25 September 2017

And we're back ...

After a very transitional period in my life, feeling like I have been caught up in a whirlwind and my feet haven't hit the ground in a while when I received feedback it came completely out of the blue and stopped me in my tracks. 
I always get nervous when I see a feedback email, it takes me a while to actually open it as I have to mentally prepare myself for every situation. I found module 2 the most interesting challenge to my career thus far, my research proposal is something I can't wait to start and I can guarantee it will be the first of many, but it was a big challenge...
Through reading through all of the comments I found my feedback to be fair and constructive. There will always be room for growth and I now understand my key areas for development which I will have to push as we enter module 3 (yikes!) .
 I have found the feedback for module 2 to conjure up the image of a stepping stones in my mind. To move forward I have to walk across all 'stepping stones' to get to where I want to be, to skip a stepping stone or to land on it only for a second can lead to falling off or completely going the wrong way.
With my planned research proposal into 'How might dance be experienced as a sense of home? in third culture children?', constructive feedback and a lot of hard work a head, I am now excited to begin module 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment