Tuesday 5 December 2017

Framework and Freedom

Through the discussion on the Sunday 5pm chat I feel that framework and freedom came into everything we were discussing.
We discussed the use of syllabus and creativity as teachers, validity of traditional and classical dance vs more modern and contemporary styles, verbal language and body language and literature reviews.

All of these topics, from my point of view, required some sort of framework. We could all see the benefit of having structure or a guide but as artists and creators we all like to have our own freedom to allow our own expression and ideas to come through, whether that is teaching, communicating or writing. When it comes to getting things down into words and finding other people's literature to support our own words to help form a structure but still being allowed the freedom to be us, sometimes can be daunting and possibly confusing. I feel it is this balance of framework and freedom that will help me on my own personal journey as I am coming to the end being in module 3.

Adesola said during the chat 'at MA level work,  it is about communicating to explore and not persuade, particularly.' which is what I'm going to take with me as a progress though module 3 and try and formulate my interpretations. I'm going to remember to explore and let my ideas run as well as pulling back and remembering to have a structure. I think finding the right balance will be a challenge over the next few weeks but hopefully this will be able to show MA level work and thinking and allow me to grow in all aspects not just my writing, analysis and reflection but my teaching too.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Alice! I think of the framework as something that is required to enable freedom.
    If I am told to improvise, or if I tell my students to improvise, to dance freely is difficult because there is not structure at all. I am lost in freedom. If I am told to improvise by trying to create oppositions in my body, I am given a framework which allows me to move freely within. I am free in the framework.
    I hope you are doing fine! Maïté

    ReplyDelete
  2. Introducing List of Sports, the Best and Most Trusted Online Poker.
    Visit => DrawGoal

    ReplyDelete